Welcome on Nam Shun Fooy Koon's Website

Heritage Court

Heritage Court offers a magnificent and multi-purpose conference hall, for events in a business-like, comfortable and pleasant atmosphere in the heart of Port Louis. With the capacity to hold 500 people, the Multipurpose Hall serves as a place for general meetings, conferences, lectures, interview room, training and workshops, exhibitions, seminars and other activities that require a large space.

Nam Shun Fooy Koon Pagoda

Nam ShunFooy Koon pagodas are located next to the Champs de Mars race course in PortLouis. Itconsists of two  pagodas, the Kwan Tee Pagoda and the Tin Hao Pagoda.

Mr Affan Tank Wen
Founding father of Nam Shun Fooy Koon

The first President was Mr Affan Tank Wen. The official proclamation of Nam Shun Fooy Koon probably encouraged more Cantonese to come to Mauritius because two years later in 1896, among the 708 Chinese immigrants who arrived by the ship "Wuotan",the majority were from Toi San,Nam Hoi and ShunTak.The Cantonese from Nam Hoi and ShunTak were known as Nam Shun and most Nam Shun still speak with the Shun Tak accent in this part of the world.


The aim of the newly registered Nam Shun Fooy Koon was to unite in a same mind all honest workmen and industrrious friends of humanity of the Chinese respectable community, to establish a fund for the purpose of helping the members who will be in need, sick and unable to work, the widows of its members who will have a  good reputation.

Poo Yeng Centre

Poo Yeng Centre was launched on 25 January 2005 with the prime objective to revive the previously well-known Poo Yeng School's cultural activities, which were missing among the Chinese community in China Town.Poo Yeng Centre is managed and controlled exclusively by Nam Shun Fooy Koon and it has the following main objectives.

Nam Shun Fooy Koon

                          Pagoda

Latest News

Welcome on
Nam Shun Fooy Koon's website

Mr Affan Tank Wen
Founding father of Nam Shun Fooy Koon

The first President was Mr Affan Tank Wen. The official proclamation of Nam Shun Fooy Koon probably encouraged more Cantonese to come to Mauritius because two years later in 1896, among the 708 Chinese immigrants who arrived by the ship "Wuotan",the majority were from Toi San,Nam Hoi and ShunTak.The Cantonese from Nam Hoi and ShunTak were known as Nam Shun and most Nam Shun still speak with the Shun Tak accent in this part of the world.


The aim of the newly registered Nam Shun Fooy Koon was to unite in a same mind all honest workmen and industrrious friends of humanity of the Chinese respectable community, to establish a fund for the purpose of helping the members who will be in need, sick and unable to work, the widows of its members who will have a  good reputation.

NAM SHUN
FOOY KOON

南顺会馆

NAM SHUN FOOY KOON

南顺会馆

Place cursor on image

The first steps towards the creation of Nam Shun Fooy Koon were initiated by the early immigrants coming from Nanhai and Shunde since 1859 when they form an informal association of mutual help. It was only 35 years later that Nam Shun Fooy Koon was officially registered on the 26th  June 1894 and the constitutive act as well as the Rules, Regulations and Principles to govern all those who adhere to the society were enacted.

Nam Shun Fooy Koon

Copyright Nam Shun Fooy Koon 2006 - 2021 - All Rights Reserved -  Legal Mentions - Cookie Policy -Terms & Conditions
Designed: Red Apple Designs

Nam Shun Fooy Koon

© Nam Shun Fooy Koon 2006 - 2021 - All Rights Reserved -  Legal Mentions - Cookie Policy -Terms & Conditions
Designed: Red Apple Designs

Welcome
on Nam Shun Fooy Koon's

Website